Kicksecure Project Activities: Innovation, Cooperation and Education
Things the Kicksecure project is working on; Innovate; Cooperate; Mentor; Educate; Maintenance; Research
Kicksecure Project Activities
Table: Kicksecure Innovation
|Invent mechanisms for rapid Debian packaging||
|Miscellaneous||Maintaining a general interest in security matters, scrutinizing solutions, and connecting people. |
Table: Kicksecure Cooperation
|Issue/bug reports||Reporting issues or bugs at other projects, such as:|
|Other collaborative efforts/contributions|
Kicksecure undertakes a broad range of educational activities, including:
- Extensive Documentation covering technical aspects and operational security.
- Security matter are documented in detail, including unique material not covered elsewhere.
- Technical documentation is also provided, for example: Configuration Files.
- Kicksecure answers are seldom disputed; for example see answers by Patrick Schleizer on Tor Stack Exchange.
- Operating a responsive forum, providing user support for the community.
- Debian derivative development documentation, for example: About Debian Packaging
Kicksecure maintenance activities are wide in scope and include:
- Following developments in security and formulating solutions. For example this
aptbug led to the posting of a news item and instructions to safely resolve the matter.
- Maintaining various components.
- Ongoing development:
- Keeping the kicksecure.com server safe and up-to-date with various webapps (website, wiki, forums and issue tracker).
- Testing new packages.
- Calling for testers, then reviewing and processing feedback from testers.
- Creating downloadable Kicksecure builds.
- Keeping the community informed about recent developments at Kicksecure.
- Porting to the next stable version of Debian.