- Encrypted communication is possible.
- Contracts with larger payments attract a greater priority to fulfill the customer's request.
- Customers with a higher prioritization can expect to receive faster and more comprehensive replies.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change under certain conditions.
- The quality of support may vary at times when the has a heavy workload.
Work samples which verify the quality of support are demonstrated in public Kicksecure ™ forum activity. Upon request, answers can be provided in private to clients. Several communication channels are available for client convenience: Primarily forum. Also e-mail. Upon request, instant messaging may also be possible, depending on the user's internally assigned priority.
There is no guarantee that a solution can be found for every issue. Prior experience suggests problems related to the wide range of topics already covered in the Documentation have a higher chance of resolution, and within a shorter time frame. That said, other topics may be referred as well; get in touch for further advice (see contact details below).
Charge backs are not possible. For payment options, see Payments.
How to Buy Plus Support
1. Choose a relevant payment option and make the payment.
2. The customer is eligible for plus support for a period of 30 days after the payment is made.
3. E-mail Patrick with proof of the payment and submit your question. The proof of payment must include the customer's full name, the transaction ID, country of residence, and country of habitual residence.
4. Depending on the customer's internally assigned priority, the timeliness and comprehensiveness of the reply may vary.
Plus Support Categories
Plus support in various IT domains, including but not limited to:
- 2FA (Two-factor authentication), YubiKey, Linux PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules), SSH with smartcard, fingerprint, "Google Authenticator"
- basic website administration using common web applications
- blog posts 
- build automation script engineering
- community management
- computer maintenance and education
- computer security engineering and education
- Continuous Integration (CI)
- contributor coordination
- cooperation with other software projects
- Debian APT repository management
- Debian machine readable licensing
- Debian packaging
- Debian package dependencies issues analysis 
- documentation writing
- gpg / gnupg / OpenPGP / signify / codecrypt
- iptables firewalls
- licensing compliance
- Linux distribution maintenance
- Linux sysadmin tasks 
- mediation 
- network mirroring
- online privacy
- project coordination
- proposals, protocols, RFCs
- Qubes OS (computer security by compartmentalization)
- release maintenance: freeze, build, sign, upload, support, and hot fixes
- review of python and ruby code
- review of user code and documentation contributions
- scandal prevention 
- shell scripting
- spam reduction: moderating mailing lists, forums, and wikis
- systemd unit files
- threat modeling 
- upstream project bug reports
- user support and education
- user instruction to provide debug output for shell scripts 
- see also:
Special Client Proposals
See Premium Support which has different terms and conditions compared to plus support.
- Technical and other content may require minor edits to meet specific editorial standards.
- In oversimplified terms, Kicksecure ™ is a collection of shell scripts, package selections and configuration files.
- For example, contributions to mediating the stale /etc/bash.bashrc.d implementation dispute - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=675008#72
- This cannot be guaranteed, but there has been no bad press or posts pointing out any scandals, misinformation or inappropriate behavior by the Kicksecure ™ team.
- One example can be found here.