Kicksecure ™ Trademark Policy
Kicksecure ™ (as represented by ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP, see Imprint) is committed to protect and ensure consistent usage of its trademark, logos, and styles and also make it easier for every bonafide user to use. The trademark has been in use since 2012.
- Kicksecure ™
- Kicksecure ™ inside Qubes
- Kicksecure ™
- Kicksecure ™
- Kicksecure ™
- Kicksecure-Custom-Workstation ™
Published: 22 February 2019
ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP owns a number of trademarks in both word and logo form including brands, slogans, styles. This policy encompasses all marks, in word and logo form, collectively referred to as "Kicksecure ™ trademarks". You can see a non-exhaustive list of Kicksecure ™ trademarks, including both registered and unregistered (but otherwise legally recognized) trademarks at in chapter Trademarks.
The objective of this trademark policy is:
- to encourage widespread use and adoption of the Kicksecure ™ trademarks,
- to clarify proper usage of Kicksecure ™ trademarks by third parties,
- to prevent misuse of Kicksecure ™ trademarks that can confuse or mislead users with respect to Kicksecure ™ or its affiliates.
Please note that it is not the goal of this policy to limit commercial activity around Kicksecure ™. We encourage businesses to work on Kicksecure ™ while being compliant with this policy.
Following are the guidelines for the proper use of Kicksecure ™ trademarks by publishers and other third parties. Any use of or reference to Kicksecure ™ trademarks that is inconsistent with these guidelines, or other unauthorized use of or reference to Kicksecure ™ trademarks, or use of marks that are confusingly similar to Kicksecure ™ trademarks, is prohibited and may violate Kicksecure ™ trademark rights.
Any use of Kicksecure ™ trademarks in a misleading and false manner or in a manner that disparages Kicksecure ™, such as untruthful advertising, is always prohibited.
When You Can Use the Kicksecure ™ Trademarks Without Asking Permission
- You can use Kicksecure ™ trademarks to make true factual statements about Kicksecure ™ or communicate compatibility with your product truthfully.
- Your intended use qualifies as "nominative fair use" of the Kicksecure ™ trademarks, i.e., merely identifying that you are talking about Kicksecure ™ in a text, without suggesting sponsorship or endorsement.
- You can use Kicksecure ™ trademarks to describe or advertise your services or products relating to Kicksecure ™ in a way that is not misleading.
- You can use Kicksecure ™ trademarks to describe Kicksecure ™ in articles, titles or blog posts.
- You can make t-shirts, desktop wallpapers, caps, or other merchandise with Kicksecure ™ trademarks for both, commercial and non-commercial usage.
- You can also make merchandise with Kicksecure ™ trademarks for both, commercial and non-commercial usage. In case of commercial usage, we recommend that you truthfully advertise to customers which part of the selling price, if any, will be paid to the Kicksecure ™ project. See our Payments page for more information on how to donate to the Kicksecure ™ project.
When You Can NEVER Use the Kicksecure ™ Trademarks Without Asking Permission
- You cannot use Kicksecure ™ trademarks in any way that suggests an affiliation with or endorsement by the Kicksecure ™ project or community, if the same is not true.
- You cannot use Kicksecure ™ trademarks in a company or organization name or as the name of a product or service.
- You cannot use a name that is confusingly similar to Kicksecure ™ trademarks.
- You cannot use Kicksecure ™ trademarks in a domain name, with or without commercial intent.
How to Use the Kicksecure ™ Trademarks
1. Use the Kicksecure ™ trademarks in a manner that makes it clear that your project is related to the Kicksecure ™ project, but that it is not part of Kicksecure ™, produced by the Kicksecure ™ project, or endorsed by the Kicksecure ™ project.
2. Acknowledge ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP's ownership of the Kicksecure ™ trademark prominently.
[TRADEMARK] is a trademark owned by ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP.
3. Include a disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Kicksecure ™ on your website and on all related printed materials.
X PROJECT is not affiliated with Kicksecure ™. Kicksecure ™ is a trademark owned by ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP.
4. Distinguish the Kicksecure ™ trademarks from the surrounding words by italicizing, bolding or underlining it.
5. Use the Kicksecure ™ trademarks in their exact form, neither abbreviated or hyphenated, nor combined with any other word or words.
6. Do not create acronyms using the Kicksecure ™ trademarks.
Permission To Use
When in doubt about the use of Kicksecure ™ trademarks, or to request permission for uses not allowed by this policy, please send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Trademark Use Request"; be sure to include the following information in the body of your message:
- Name of the User
- Name of the organization/project
- Purpose of Use (commercial/non-commercial)
- Nature of Use
Newer Versions of this Policy
This policy may be revised from time to time and updated versions shall be available at https://www.kicksecure.com/wiki/Trademark_Policy.
Guidelines for Using Logos
- Any scaling must retain the original proportions of the logo.
- Do not use the Kicksecure ™ logos as part of your company logo or product logo or branding itself. They can be used as part of a page describing your products or services.
- You need not ask us for permission to use logos on your own website solely as a hyperlink to the Kicksecure ™ project website.
For any queries with respect to these guidelines, please send an email to
Organizations Licensed to Use Kicksecure ™ Trademarks
The following organizations have been licensed to use the Kicksecure ™ trademark through a License Agreement:
The text of Kicksecure ™ trademark policy is based on Debian's trademark policy.