Declined Feature Requests
This wiki chapter relates to feature requests that have been declined by developers. There are several reasons for a request to be declined; in general, an impartial assessment determines it is incompatible with either the current project priorities, goals and/or policies. The Community Feedback wiki entry provides additional context and factors influencing decision-making:
- the number of existing, competing priorities and challenges to realize ambitious roadmap goals
- an existing backlog of unresolved, unaddressed bugs and feature requests
- limited development (human) resources
- existing developer priorities
- the time-intensiveness or complexity of proposed feature requests
In simple terms, declined feature requests are not on the Kicksecure ™ roadmap and are unlikely to be considered in the future. This also means any voluntary contributions would be refused and Premium Support is unavailable for possible implementation.
Kicksecure ™ community members should not be discouraged if a feature suggestion is declined. The Kicksecure ™ project will always remain highly receptive to genuine feedback and suggested improvements from users. For around a decade Kicksecure ™ has prospered from community input and every suggestion will continue to be noted and carefully considered.