Kicksecure ™ Unified Design - Logos & Guidelines
Kicksecure ™ Project logos, profile images and banners. Graphics can be found on this page. Kicksecure Unified Design: To give Kicksecure ™ a unified design we maintain profile, banner and post images, tailored towards different platforms. On this page guidelines are declared and gathered, for all images, but also for the general Kicksecure Unified Design elements like text.
The Kicksecure Unified Design logos are subdivided into:
- Logo: A squared or at max 2:1 ratio rectangular image representing the whole project
- Landscape logo: A wide version of the logo where the width is min 2:1 ratio of height
- Text logo: A textform version of the logo which could be used in a text paragraph. Can be identical with Landscape logo if this is wide
- Icon logo: A simplified version of the logo for cases where the logo needs to be very small. If the logo is already very simple this might be identical to Logo
Use cases where Kicksecure logos will be typically used are:
- Profile image: On various platforms there will usually be profile images which are used to identify the user. In most cases a square image will which be displayed as a square or a circle
- Banner image: On platforms there will mostly be the option to decorate your profile with a banner image. This image is often wide with a 3:1 ratio or more
- Post image: To create posts about Kicksecure ™ there will be an image needed to represent Kicksecure ™ as an OS as a whole. These images of often around a 16:9 ratio
- Favicon: To identify your page in a Browser there are very small images called favicons displayed in the browser tab before the text. Those images are squared, very small, eg 64x64px or 32x32px and can have transparency
- Generally the images referenced in this page should be used on the different platforms. New images should be agreed upon with the Kicksecure team
- The word "Kicksecure" in text is always used with a starting uppercase letter. Only in the logos this might vary.
Current Kicksecure logos
These logos should be used to create the images for the specific use cases, namely for banners, profile and post images on platforms. Last image is the background plate, currently in use for the banners.
Note, most files are in
svg format. Often
png format is available too by simply replacing
png in the browser URL bar. However,
svg should be preferred.
Profile image is called Profile picture on Facebook, Banner image is called Cover photo on Facebook. Help: https://www.facebook.com/help/125379114252045/
Your Page's profile picture:
- Displays at 170x170 pixels on your Page on computers, 128x128 pixels on smartphones and 36x36 pixels on most feature phones.
Your Page's cover photo:
- Displays at 820 pixels wide by 312 pixels tall on your Page on computers and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall on
- Must be at least 400 pixels wide and 150 pixels
- Loads fastest as an sRGB JPG file that's 851 pixels wide, 315 pixels tall and less than 100 kilobytes.
Kicksecure ™ post images on Facebook should be Open Graph compatible.
This is required for facebook share.
The og:image tag can be used to specify the URL of the image that appears when someone shares the content to Facebook. The full list of image properties can be found here. Requirements
- The minimum allowed image dimension is 200 x 200
- The size of the image file must not exceed 8 MB.
- Use images that are at least 1200 x 630 pixels for the best display on high resolution devices. At the minimum, you should use images that are 600 x 315 pixels to display link page posts with larger images.
Profile images on Twitter are also called profile images, banner images are called header images. Help: https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/common-issues-when-uploading-profile-photo
Check the dimensions. Recommended dimensions for profile images are 400x400 pixels. Recommended dimensions for header images are 1500x500 pixels.
Post images on Twitter are called 'Images in Tweets. Help: https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-for-websites/cards/overview/summary-card-with-large-image
A URL to a unique image representing the content of the page. You should not use a generic image such as your website logo, author photo, or other image that spans multiple pages. Images for this Card support an aspect ratio of 2:1 with minimum dimensions of 300x157 or maximum of 4096x4096 pixels. Images must be less than 5MB in size. JPG, PNG, WEBP and GIF formats are supported. Only the first frame of an animated GIF will be used. SVG is not supported.
Current Use Case Images
File:Logo_box.png is just a duplicate of the icon logo version to simplify the Widget:Footer source code.
Successful project logos?
Which logos can you remember and paint in your mind?
Look up logo history of big brands.