Encrypted Email with Thunderbird
Maybe contents from https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Encrypted_Email_with_Thunderbird could be ported here.
1. Create an Address Book for Spam
- If you haven't already, create an address book named "Spam" in Thunderbird.
- Add the email addresses of the senders you want to filter out.
2. Create a Folder for Spam
- If you haven't already, create a new folder named "Spam" or any other name you prefer.
3. Set Up a Message Filter
- Go to Tools > Message Filters.
- Click New to create a new filter.
- Name your filter, e.g., "Move to Spam Folder".
- Under the section For incoming messages that:, choose Match any of the following.
- Add a condition: From is in my address book Spam.
- Under the section Perform these actions:, select Move Message to and then choose the "Spam" folder you created earlier.
- Click OK to save the filter.
4. Test the Filter
- Send a test email from one of the addresses in the "Spam" address book to see if it gets moved to the "Spam" folder automatically.
Note: Ensure you check the Spam folder occasionally to ensure no legitimate emails are being incorrectly filtered. Adjust the filter or address book as necessary.