Kicksecure ™ comes with many security features. Kicksecure ™ is Security Hardened by default and also provides extensive Documentation including a System Hardening Checklist. The more you know, the safer you can be.
This page is targeted at advanced users who wish to improve the security of their systems to become even more secure.
Before reading or applying instructions in the Advanced Security Guide, first review the information found in the Computer Security Education and Basic Security Guide sections.
It is recommended to learn more about the following topics:
- Restrict TransPort: This is explained under Kicksecure ™ is firewalled
- Kicksecure ™ Design: Technically-minded readers can review the recommendations on how less-than-ideal specifications could be improved.
- Kicksecure ™ Documentation: Some application-specific documentation will have no relevance, but a thorough study of various entries will increase overall awareness and gradually improve security practices.
Useful External Links
- Debian Security Information
- Debian / Ubuntu Linux Install Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment (AIDE) Software 
- Linux Administrator's Security Guide
- Linux Server and Network Security
- Securing Debian Manual
- What steps do you take to secure a Debian server?
- Ubuntu documentation - Antivirus
- Ubuntu wiki - Basic Security 
- Ubuntu wiki - Did I Just Get Owned?