Credits and other Sources
Your support makes all the difference!
We believe security software like Kicksecure needs to remain open source and independent. Would you help sustain and grow the project? Learn more about our 10 year success story and maybe DONATE!
Credits, Inspiration, Alternatives, Sources.
See Past Contributors .
Credits, Inspiration, Alternatives, Sources
The success of the Kicksecure ™ platform is the sum total of several factors:
- The solid foundation at its heart - the Debian GNU/Linux distribution.
- The software provided by several other projects (like KVM,Qubes) and the tireless efforts of their many developers and contributors. 
- Lessons learned from:
- Expert advice provided in various Internet forums and attendance at software development events.
- Previous failures and successes in the Kicksecure ™ development cycle.
- The failures and successes of similar privacy/security projects (like Tails).
- Inspiration drawn from other projects, leading to the implementation of new or improved security features.
- Direct contributions by the Kicksecure ™ community.
Kicksecure ™ Development
In alphabetical order, the following projects or sources have had the greatest influence on Kicksecure ™ development to date:
- Debian GNU/Linux
- Ubuntu GNU/Linux
- Mailing lists:
Over the lifetime of the Kicksecure ™ project, development has been informed by thousands of external resources. For the reader's interest, a very small sample of older sources is listed here. Numerous updated sources can be found in developer documentation footnotes.
Kicksecure ™ History
A brief history of the founding of Kicksecure ™ can be read here.
Third Party Image Contributions
The Kicksecure ™ website and documentation is enriched by a number of images and icons generously provided by third parties. Appreciation is expressed to those contributors who have placed their images in the public domain or specifically designed images for Kicksecure ™. 
See the page footer.
Kicksecure ™ License
See the license file in Kicksecure ™ source code.