Utilize Search Engines and Documentation
Your support makes
all the difference!
We believe security software like Kicksecure needs to remain open source and independent. Would you help sustain and grow the project? Learn more about our 10 year success story and maybe DONATE!
Avoid basic questions. Effective use of search engines. Utilizing extensive Kicksecure ™ documentation.
Please search for answers to their questions before asking for help, as many common issues and solutions are already documented.
Unless purchasing Professional Support, please do not ask very basic questions like:
- How do I update Kicksecure ™?
- How is Kicksecure ™ run on Windows?
- How does VirtualBox work?
- How do I do X on operating system Y?
First consider whether someone else has likely raised the exact same question or issue. Experience has shown that most topics have already been discussed within the Kicksecure ™ community and often been documented.
Before asking a question, please first use search engines, refer to the Documentation and query existing threads in the Kicksecure ™ forums.
Existing resources should be consulted for several reasons:
- Kicksecure ™ is a technological means to security, but staying safe necessitates complete behavioral change; it is a complex problem without an easy solution. The more you know, the safer you can be.
- Available Documentation can provide answers to some of these questions.
- Documentation answers are generally of higher quality than information posted in a casual setting (like forums or chat).
- Some questions/topics are generic in nature and out of scope for Kicksecure ™ -- in these cases the questioner must acquire a basic prerequisite knowledge of computing elsewhere before attempting further procedures.
- The Free Support Principle Rationale and Support Request Policy Rationale apply.
Developers have made significant efforts to configure safe defaults, but operational security (opsec) is not realized by merely using a suitable platform. Staying safe requires a change of mindset and necessary skills are normally developed via trial and effort, experimentation, and general education.
Computing security is complex subject, which means it is improbable that volunteers can assist with every step of the journey and learning curve. Or course advanced questions about Kicksecure ™ are welcomed, particularly for undocumented use cases. 
- ↑ Time permitting and when developers have sufficient interest.