Kicksecure ™ for Qubes
Refer to the Resizing Disk Image Qubes OS user documentation.
1. Back-up important data.
Either move important files via shared folders or make a full clone of VMs in each snapshot state in case something goes wrong.
2. On the host: Delete all existing snapshots.
3. On the host: Increase the disk size.
1G below should be replaced with the amount of memory to be added in gigabytes.
qemu-img resize vmdisk.img +1G
4. Boot up and check if it is still working.
5. Install GParted in Kicksecure ™ and resize the filesystem to claim the newly added space.
sudo apt install gparted
If more disk space is required for virtual hard disks, the good news is this is simple in VirtualBox -- Kicksecure ™ is nothing special because it is just another VM image. Any suggestions that are found for VirtualBox will similarly work for Kicksecure ™. Free Support Principle applies.
1. On the host: Make a clone of all states of any existing virtual machine in case something goes wrong.
2. On the host: Delete all existing VM snapshots.
3. On the host: Grow the disk.
Using the VirtualBox graphical user interface (GUI) (new method):
Virtual Media Manager →
select virtual hdd →
adjust the size slider
Using the command line (old method):
Find the folder of the virtual hdd.
Run the following command. Notes:
- Adjust the filename of the virtual hdd.
100000 to for example
VBoxManage modifyhd "Kicksecure-disk1.vdi" --resize 100000
5. Boot up and check if it is still working.
6. Until now only the physical size was increased, but the filesystem has not been changed. Shut down again.
7. Inside VM: It is necessary to boot from a boot CD (Ubuntu Precise *DVD* did work) and use a tool like
gparted to grow the filesystem.
Start a terminal.
This procedure is also likely possible using the command line in recovery mode. Undocumented.
8. Inside VM: Increase the size of the filesystem. Apply changes and shut down.
The procedure is complete.
Build from Source Code
Refer to Build and Update Kicksecure ™ from Source Code and utilize this setting:
Unfinished: This wiki is a work in progress. Please do not report broken links until this notice is removed, use Search Engines First and contribute improving this wiki.