Official Kicksecure ™ Online Profiles
Your support makes
all the difference!
We believe security software like Kicksecure needs to remain open source and independent. Would you help sustain and grow the project? Learn more about our 10 year success story and maybe DONATE!
Twitter, Facebook, and other Official Social Network Profiles by Kicksecure ™
Kicksecure ™ Social Media Profiles
There are a few Kicksecure ™ social media profiles, but users should not rely on them for getting up-to-date Kicksecure ™ News. Instead, refer to Follow Kicksecure ™ Developments for better sources of Kicksecure-related news. Social media profiles are not suitable for contacting Kicksecure ™ developers; see Contact for relevant contact information.
If users can safely share Kicksecure ™ information or positive experiences using the platform with others, feel free to follow or like these profiles below with an anonymous account as a small way to Contribute.
- Kicksecure ™ Forums
- Kicksecure ™ Telegram News Channel (active)
- Kicksecure ™ Matrix Channel (inactive, read-only)
- reddit r/Kicksecure subreddit
- Friendica Kicksecure (maintained by TNT) (Supports
ActivityPub. Also users of Mastodon can follow.)
- Twitter Kicksecure (maintained by Kicksecure ™ team)
- Facebook Kicksecure (maintained by Kicksecure ™ team)
- Mastodon Kicksecure (maintained by TNT) (Supports
- Wilders Security Forums: adrelanos
- Bitcoin: adrelanos
- github: adrelanos
- reddit.com: adrelanos
- slashdot.org: adrelanos
- wilderssecurity.com: adrelanos
- bitcointalk.org: adrelanos
- keybase.io: adrelanos
- launchpad.net/~adrelanos: adrelanos
- https://tails.boum.org: adrelanos
- irc.oftc.net: nickname adrelanos, registered as adrelanos
- savannah.gnu.org: adrelanos
- stackexchange: adrelanos;
- The Tor Project trac: proper
- twitter: adrelanos
- wikipedia.org: adrelanos
- getmonero.org: adrelanos
- Kicksecure ™ Matrix Channel: HulaHoopWhonix
- Kicksecure ™ Matrix Channel: adrelanos
- forum.qubes-os.org: adrelanos
The personal opinions of moderators or contributors to the Kicksecure ™ project do not represent the project as a whole.
Selection of Platforms
An account will most likely be created, when...
- The platform must be somewhat popular or show potential to become somewhat popular. 
- Easy sign-up.
- Networks respects privacy of its users.
- Tor users are permitted to sign-up.
- Anonymous sign-up permitted.
- Other ethical or political considerations.
- In an ideal world, "perfectly moral" decisions would be made but that is deemed impractical. For elaboration, see unsubstantiated conclusions. 
Reasons for account creation:
- Reserving account name.
- Censorship resistance.
- Escaping (potential) shadow banning.
- Decentralization, diversity.
- Allowing users to choose their favorite network.
Non-Reasons for account creation:
- Endorsing that network.
Criteria for which Social Networks accounts are most actively used
October 24, 2020.
- Usability. The easier it is to (auto) post to these networks, i.e. post 1 time using an (external or third party such as IFTT) tool and then spread to multiple networks, the more likely this network is going to see more posting activity.
- Depends on contributor time and availability to mirror posts to these networks.
October 24, 2020.
Criteria for (wiki) footer inclusion:
- platforms self-hosted by Kicksecure ™ (discourse forums, newsletter, rss)
- third party platforms:
- popular, generally active or followed by our user community regardless of whether based on Freedom Software or non-freedom software
- promising platforms that have the potential to grow or are in an expansion phase
- technical merit (decentralized and/or censorship-resistant)
End-to-End Encrypted Public Chat
- blocker: Kicksecure ™ matrix chat is bridged to Kicksecure ™ telegram chat. Meaning, any messages on matrix and telegram gets relays. (As long as the free relay bot service is functional.) Matrix channel encryption is incompatible with relaying to Telegram.
- Other reasons:
- It's a public chat anyhow. Anyone can join telegram and view that chat history.
- No clear threat model.
- Lower maintenance effort.