Official Kicksecure ™ Online Profiles
Kicksecure ™ Social Media Profiles
There are a few Kicksecure ™ social media profiles, but users should not rely on them for getting up-to-date Kicksecure ™ News. Instead, refer to Follow Kicksecure ™ Developments for better sources of Kicksecure-related news. Social media profiles are not suitable for contacting Kicksecure ™ developers; see Contact for relevant contact information.
If users can safely share Kicksecure ™ information or positive experiences using the platform with others, feel free to follow or like these profiles below with an anonymous account as a small way to Contribute.
- Kicksecure ™ Forums
- Kicksecure ™ Telegram News Channel (active)
- Kicksecure ™ Matrix Channel (inactive, read-only)
- reddit r/Kicksecure subreddit
- Friendica Kicksecure (maintained by TNT) (Supports
ActivityPub. Also users of Mastodon can follow.)
- Twitter Kicksecure (maintained by Kicksecure ™ team)
- Facebook Kicksecure (maintained by Kicksecure ™ team)
- Mastodon.Technology Kicksecure (maintained by TNT) (Supports
- Wilders Security Forums: adrelanos
- Bitcoin: adrelanos
- github: adrelanos
- http://www.reddit.com/: adrelanos
- http://slashdot.org/: adrelanos
- http://www.wilderssecurity.com/: adrelanos
- https://bitcointalk.org/: adrelanos
- https://keybase.io/adrelanos: adrelanos
- https://launchpad.net/~adrelanos: adrelanos
- https://tails.boum.org/: adrelanos
- irc.oftc.net: nickname adrelanos, registered as adrelanos
- savannah.gnu.org: adrelanos
- stackexchange: adrelanos;
- The Tor Project trac: proper
- twitter: adrelanos
- wikipedia.org: adrelanos
- getmonero.org: adrelanos
- Kicksecure ™ Matrix Channel: HulaHoopWhonix
- Kicksecure ™ Matrix Channel: adrelanos
- forum.qubes-os.org: adrelanos
Selection of Platforms
An account will most likely be created, when...
- The platform must be somewhat popular or show potential to become somewhat popular. 
- Easy sign-up.
- Networks respects privacy of its users.
- Tor users are permitted to sign-up.
- Anonymous sign-up permitted.
- Other ethical or political considerations.
- In an ideal world, "perfectly moral" decisions would be made but that is deemed impractical. For elaboration, see unsubstantiated conclusions. 
Reasons for account creation:
- Reserving account name.
- Censorship resistance.
- Escaping (potential) shadow banning.
- Decentralization, diversity.
- Allowing users to choose their favorite network.
Non-Reasons for account creation:
- Endorsing that network.
Criteria for which Social Networks accounts are most actively used
October 24, 2020.
- Usability. The easier it is to (auto) post to these networks, i.e. post 1 time using an (external or third party such as IFTT) tool and then spread to multiple networks, the more likely this network is going to see more posting activity.
- Depends on contributor time and availability to mirror posts to these networks.
October 24, 2020.
Criteria for (wiki) footer inclusion:
- platforms self-hosted by Kicksecure ™ (discourse forums, newsletter, rss)
- third party platforms:
- popular, generally active or followed by our user community regardless of whether based on Freedom Software or non-freedom software
- promising platforms that have the potential to grow or are in an expansion phase
- technical merit (decentralized and/or censorship-resistant)
End-to-End Encrypted Public Chat
- blocker: Kicksecure ™ matrix chat is bridged to Kicksecure ™ telegram chat. Meaning, any messages on matrix and telegram gets relays. (As long as the free relay bot service is functional.) Matrix channel encryption is incompatible with relaying to Telegram.
- Other reasons:
- It's a public chat anyhow. Anyone can join telegram and view that chat history.
- No clear threat model.
- Lower maintenance effort.
- This is a somewhat arbitrary determination and not too much time is spent on research.
- In that case most major networks could not be used because most fail in one regard or another. Therefore no such attempt is being made.