Kicksecure System Requirements
Table: Kicksecure System Requirements
|For Best Performance||
Kicksecure ™ for Qubes System Requirements
Kicksecure ™ for Qubes does not have any special system requirements over and above Qubes own system requirements. In other words, it is only necessary to fulfill the minimal system requirements for Qubes compatibility.
Refer to the Qubes documentation for further information:
- Qubes System Requirements (.onion)
- Qubes Certified Hardware (.onion)
- Qubes OS Forum: Community-recommended computers
- Qubes Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) (.onion)
amd64 means Intel and AMD.
For technical reasons, in Debian (and in many other Linux / Freedom Software related places) both, Intel and AMD, is called
amd64. This is common knowledge without controversy among technical people, in doubt see Wikipedia X86-64.
- Unsupported: QEMU
- Unsupported: VMware
- In case used as VM check Increase Virtual Machine RAM
- The virtual machine can work with as low as 256 MB RAM, but resource intensive operations like kernel package upgrades that rebuild the initrd might leave the virtual machine in a frozen state. It might run with 196 MB RAM or even less. Experimentation with RAM lower than 256 MB is up to the user; please share your results.
- display manager - lightdm, gdm3.