Use Session Session Private Messenger Chat with Kicksecure
How-To: Use Session Private Messenger with Kicksecure.
Session Private Messenger Security
- session private messenger does not consider supply chain attacks yet? #2321
- security: NPM found 91 vulnerabilities #2322
- Full discussion and more tickets can be found here.
Install the Session Desktop Client
- Kicksecure™: Perform these steps inside Kicksecure.
- Kicksecure™ for Qubes: Perform these steps inside Qubes
1. Add the Session GPG key to the APT keyrings. 
Securely download the key.
If you are using Kicksecure™ (
scurl https://deb.loki.network/pub.gpg --output loki.gpg
http_proxy=http://127.0.0.1:8082 https_proxy=http://127.0.0.1:8082 scurl https://deb.loki.network/pub.gpg --output loki.gpg
Display the key's fingerprint. 
gpg --keyid-format long --import --import-options show-only --with-fingerprint loki.gpg
Verify the output.
- Digital signatures: A tool enhancing download security. Commonly used across the internet.
- Learn more: Curious? Learn more about digital software signatures.
- Optional: Digital signatures are optional. If you've never used them before, there might be no need to start now.
- No worries: New to digital software signatures? It's okay, no need to worry.
- Not a requirement: Not mandatory for using Kicksecure, but an extra security measure for advanced users.
The most important check is confirming the key fingerprint exactly matches the output below. 
Key fingerprint = TODO 
Copy the signing key to the APT keyring folder. 
sudo cp loki.gpg /usr/share/keyrings/loki.gpg
2. Add the Session third-party APT repository. 
echo 'deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/loki.gpg] tor+https://deb.loki.network bookworm main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/loki.list
3. Install Session.
session-desktop. To accomplish that, the following steps A. to D. need to be done.
A. Update the package lists.
sudo apt update
B. Upgrade the system.
sudo apt full-upgrade
C. Install the
sudo apt install --no-install-recommends session-desktop
The procedure of installing
session-desktop is complete.
The process of installing Session is complete.
- Kicksecure: No extra steps required.
- Kicksecure-Qubes: Shutdown
kicksecure-17Template. Restart Kicksecure™ (
Using Qubes UpdatesProxy (
http://127.0.0.1:8082/) because Qubes Templates are non-networked by Qubes default and therefore require UpdatesProxy for connectivity. (APT in Qubes Templates is configured to use UpdatesProxy by Qubes default.)
Even more secure would be to download the key Disposable and then
qvm-copyit to the Qubes Template because this would avoid
curl's attack surface but this would also result in even more complicated instructions.
Even more secure would be to display the key in another Disposable because this would protect the Template from
gpg's attack surface but this would also result in even more complicated instructions.
- Minor changes in the output such as new uids (email addresses) or newer expiration dates are inconsequential.
publish OpenPGP / gpg fingerprint of APT signing key #2309
6636 1D8E 3C96 E41C 6DCB 7051 C499 2CE7 A88D 4262
See this for a comment why
tor+is useful even inside Kicksecure.