Recommended VirtualBox Version for use with Kicksecure ™
Jump to navigation Jump to search
It is strongly advised to use the recommended VirtualBox version with Kicksecure ™, otherwise there can be issues. 
- Windows , Mac : Download VirtualBox and install.
- Linux : please press expand on the right side.
- Stable Kicksecure ™ Version for VirtualBox
- Kicksecure ™ for VirtualBox - Testers Only Version
- Install Newer Versions of VirtualBox
- VirtualBox Guest Additions and Shared Folders
- VirtualBox Troubleshooting
22.214.171.124was built and tested with VirtualBox version latest. Newer VirtualBox versions not listed on the stable version of Kicksecure ™ for VirtuallBox, testers-only version of Kicksecure ™ for VirtuallBox or otherwise in Kicksecure ™ News are untested by Kicksecure ™ developers. This can cause issues such as instability (VirtualBox VMs not starting, VMs suddenly closing, host freezing, VM black screen). It is advised to wait until newer versions of VirtualBox are recommended for use with Kicksecure ™.
Newer VirtualBox versions are hard to install on Debian
bullseye. Perhaps the VirtualBox host software is available (even as a Debian package) from the virtualbox.org repository, but VirtualBox guest additions are not available as a Debian package. Using an older version of VirtualBox guest additions (like the pre-installed ones) might lead to broken functionality such as an inability to resize the VM or general instability. Installation of VirtualBox guest additions from ISO might also cause issues.
- VirtualBox Unavailable in Debian stable and backports due to Debian Stable Security Maintenance Issues
- Debian VirtualBox feature request: upload to Debian fasttrack
- Debian fasttrack feature request: please add VirtualBox to fasttrack
- Missing dependencies on Buster for Virtualbox 6.1.6
- VirtualBox feature request: Guest Additions Debian Packages unavailable from Oracle Repository
- building VirtualBox from source code failing and nobody could fix it, and again.
checkbackportstating that creating a backport from the Debian
sidVirtualBox source package is not possible.
- Installing VirtualBox on Debian 10 / Debian buster / buster-backports / fasttrack
- Call for help:
- VirtualBox Integration
- Challenges Installing VirtualBox
This is non-ideal but required since VirtualBox in unavailable in official Debian
bullseyerepository and difficult to install due to VirtualBox Installation Challenges. Alternatively you could install VirtualBox from the Oracle (virtualbox.org) Repository, but this comes with different risks. VirtualBox might be updated by VirtualBox developers before being tested with Kicksecure ™ which could then lead to issues. (Described in footnote here.)
This is to acquire the Debian
fasttrackrepository package sources.
Optional: See: https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch02.html#install-linux-vboxusers
~/.config/VirtualBox/VBoxSVC.loglog if not done.